Installing the Borland Database Engine (BDE)
“BDE” – a special program for data access, developed by Borland. The advantages of using BDE are the ease of configuration and installation, flexibility, high speed of work with local and remote databases.
ATTENTION!!! In Windows NT / Vista / Win7. Due to changes in the Windows security system compared to previous versions when working with the program, in some cases the following error may appear: “Network initialization failed. Permission denied. File: C: \ PROXUSRS.NET Directory: C: \.”
Its reason is that the program can not access the file that it needs to work, namely C: \ PDOXUSRS.NET. To resolve the error, you must either work under an account with Administrator rights on this machine, or do the following:
1. Create a folder with any name on the C: drive (for example, C: \ DB)
2. Give access to this folder to the Users group (or to the group to which the current user belongs) – right-click the folder, select “Properties”, go to the “Security” tab, click the “Edit …” button, the “Users and Groups:” list of the Users row, select it and in the lower list select the “Full Control” radio button. Then click OK.
3. Start the BDE Administrator (“Start” – “Control Panel”)
4. Select the “Configuration” tab and expand the “Drivers” – “Native”
5. Turn to the PARADOX branch and in the right part of the window find the parameter NET DIR (it is usually the highest in the list). Enter the name of the directory that was created in step 1.
6. Save the changes (click on the Apply button in the toolbar – blue arrow).
7. Run the program.
For all questions related to the use of the program, if you have any, you can contact: JV Radmirtech, Ukraine, 61037, Kharkov, Moskovsky Avenue, 199
t / f. +38 (057) 727-53-32, e-mail: email@example.com
We wish you success and pleasant work!
Borland Database Engine Download …