The communicator VEGA is intended for power supply of volume conversion VEGA, measuring complexes KV (hereinafter, gas metering devices), and for connecting them to external devices: modem, PC, information transfer device UPI-2Мb. The communicator VEGA is used as part of the automatic system for collecting data from consumers’ gas metering units (ASCD).
Depending on the possibility and method of data transmission to the enterprise server or PC,the communicator VEGA design is of the following modifications:
- The communicator VEGA-1 – basic — connecting information transfer device UPI-2Mb via the USB port, and one of the following devices over the RS-232 interface:
- external modem;
- RS232-485 device;
- The communicator VEGA-2 -with a built-in GSM module (apart from the basic modification, it has a built-in GSM modem);
- The communicator VEGA-3 – with a built-in extended RS-232 module (apart from the basic modification, it can connect the following devices with the RS-232 interface:
- external modem;
The communicator VEGA can power the metering devices and receive information from gas metering devices, and transmit data:
- to the enterprise server over the digital GSM cellular radio communication network in the channel (CSD) or packet (GPRS) modes using a built-in GSM-modem, and in the channel (CSD) mode, using an external GSM modem;
- to a PC over the RS232 interface via converter RS232 / RS485, the RS485 interface or with information transfer device UPI-2Mb.
The communicator VEGA provides the following functions:
- Power supply of gas metering devices;
- Transmission of closed and open day account data from gas metering devices over a GPRS channel to the enterprise server (the enterprise determines the data transmission schedule);
- Working with external devices (modem, PC and others) between data transmission sessions;
- e-mail messages on the status of the GSM modem built in the communicator (modification with a built-in GSM module) to a user-defined address;
- working with existing polling programs over the CSD channel;
- supporting the protocol for data exchange with volume conversion VEGA and measuring complexes KV;
- remote changing of the communication schedule and the volume of information transmitted by devices to the enterprise server by means of digital GSM standard cellular radio communication.
The communicator VEGA is installed outside of explosion-hazardous areas of rooms and external installations according to ch. 4 PUE ESU, ch. 7.3 PUE and other documents that regulate the use of electric equipment in explosion-hazardous areas.
The communicator VEGA can be completed with a cable with a galvanic decoupler to connect explosion-proof devices and install them in explosion-hazardous areas. The galvanic decoupler design as per GOST 22782.5-78 has the explosion-proof marking “ЕхibIIА”, and should be installed outside of explosion-hazardous areas of premises.
The communicator VEGA with the built-in GSM modem are provided with radio communication by means of the radio module included in the “Registry of radio electronic equipment and radiating devices used in the territory of Ukraine in public radio frequency bands”. Its international identification code is entered in the general database of codes at SE “Ukrainian State Centre for Radio Frequencies”.
The communicator VEGA is powered from an 8-15 VDC supply, a storage battery or a solar battery.
The communicator VEGA is rated for continuous 24-hour prolonged operation.