Gas meters with a corrector (Measuring complexes KV)
Gas meters with a corrector (hereinafter, KV complexes) are intended for measuring the volume and volumetric flow rate of natural gas as per GOST 5542-87, and of other non-corrosive gases (minimum density 0.67 kg/m3: nitrogen, carbon dioxide, argon, air and other gases) brought to standard conditions. Complexes KV are used in the gas, gas processing and other areas of industry and public utilities for commercial or process metering.
Complex KV is registered in the State Register of Ukraine for Instrumentation and Control Equipment under No. У2899-14 (Certificate for approving the type of instrumentation equipment No. UA-MI/1p-2465-2014).
The Complexes are manufactured with the explosion protection type “Intrinsically-safe circuit”, marking “1ЕхіbІІАТ4 X” and are operated in explosion-safe areas (Certificate No. 2987).
Complexes KV are manufactured in versions:
- KVR-1.01 with a rotary transducer of the gas volume and volumetric flowrate in working conditions with pTZ correction (correction for temperature, pressure and compression index);
- KVR-1.02 – with a rotary transducer of the gas volume and volumetric flowrate in working conditions with T correction (correction for temperature);
- KVT-1.01– with a turbine transducer of the gas volume and volumetric flowrate in working conditions with pTZ correction (correction for temperature, pressure and compression index).
- KVT-1.01А – with a turbine transducer of the gas volume and volumetric flowrate in working conditions with pTZ correction and improved metrological characteristics (additional calibration for natural gas in the operating range).
The principle of operation of KV complexes is based on measuring pressure (for complexes KVR-1.01 and KVT), temperature, volume and volumetric flowrate in working conditions, and calculating the volume and volumetric flowrate in standard conditions.
Functions performed by KV complexes:
- gas volume and volumetric flowrate in working conditions;
- absolute gas pressure (for complexes KVR-1.01 and KVT);
- gas temperature in the range -30 to +50 ºС;
- current time.
- Gas volume and volumetric flowrate in standard conditions as per GOST 2939-63;
- Factor for adjusting gas volume to standard conditions;
- Average-hour absolute pressure values (for complexes KVR-1.01 and KVT), gas temperatures, compressibility factor and factor for adjusting volume to standard conditions;
- Average-daily absolute pressure values (for complexes KVR-1.01 and KVT) and gas temperature.
Complexes KV support the standard Modbus protocol.
A special “I/O” connector located on the KV complex housing provides:
- Complex KV connection with smart radio terminal iMod Vega, the communicator, PC, modem, the PR converter, the TM-AD converter and other external devices with a cable with a galvanic decoupler and an extension cable;
- Reading of information from complex KV with the information transfer devices UPI-1М, UPI-1-16 or UPI-2Mb, with their subsequent connection to a PC to generate daily and monthly commercial reports, and analyse the read information.
Advantages of KV complexes:
- A device integrates in one housing the volumetric flowrate calculator and the corrector-calculator. During qualification, this enables determining the total error of the metering unit;
- Electronic error correction of the complex volume transducer enables correcting the meter volumetric flowrate during its calibration;
- The complex is powered by a built-in source, enabling to use the complex as a stand-alone unit.
Basic parameters of KV complexes:
- operating temperature: -30 to +50 °С;
- standard Modbus protocol supported;
- complex protection degree: IP-65;
- archiving of input, measured and calculated information, and information on emergencies and attempts of tampering with the operation of the complexes. In the event of interrupted power supply, the storage battery provides for intact storage of complex archives for minimum 10 years.
Complexes KV work with programs:
- Software package VEGA (n”VEGA”);
- ASK-1.0, HOSTWIN (SC Ukrtransgaz);
- Dispatcher program TM_Boil.
Complexes KV are validated during manufacture, after repair and during service according to the validation guide. The verification interval is maximum 2 years.