The VEGA-Net system for automatic information collection
The VEGA-Net system for automatic information collection is intended for organising access to remote metering units of domestic consumers — gas meters (hereinafter, DGC). The frequency range and low radiation power of system components require no licensing for operation.
The introduced VEGA-Net system for automatic information collection provides the following functions:
- Receiving real-time information on current gas consumption by each consumer;
- Automating the process of metering and logging each consumer’s gas consumption.
- Providing data in customer-defined formats;
- Simplifying access to readings of gas metering units, and reducing significantly the human factor impact; expanding the system from a single device to a self-organised network;
- Detecting in time attempts of tampering with operation of gas metering units; recording attempts of using magnets to distort readings (date, and time of start and end of magnet action);
- Predicting peak loads;
- Analysing small leakages – detecting gas leakage by analysing per hour consumption data;
- Cuting off gas supply in the event of non-payment.
VEGA–Net system components:
- Radio modules VEGA-T;
- Network hub MSK-1;
- Portable data collection console PPSD;
- Server software.
System topology – cluster tree.
Number of system levels, up to 254.
Maximum system capacity – 2,000 devices per one network hub.
Operating range of one communication channel, up to 500 m.