Radio module VEGA-T with the SIG-2V reed switch pulse counter
Radio module VEGA-T (hereinafter, radio module) is intended for the following:
- receiving impulses from domestic gas meters (hereinafter, DGC) with a pulse counter built in the radio module or a remote one, archiving the data received, and wireless transmission of these data to the network hub following an a priori programmed scenario in the frequency ranges:
- 433.05 MHz to 434.79 MHz, power within 10 mW;
- 868 MHz to 868.6 MHz, power within 25 mW;
- wireless receipt of requests from the network hub over the radio communication channel for reading data in the specified radio frequency ranges and transmitting these data to the pulse counter built in the radio module or a remote one;
- remote monitoring and reading of information from DGC meters;
- automatic gas leakage monitoring;
- warning on cases of tampering with DGC meters.
The radio module is powered from a built-in lithium battery (service life without battery replacement, up to 5 years). Operating mode — prolonged continuous. Depending on the radio module design version, VEGA-T can have a built-in or remote antenna.
The radio module is connected to the following devices:
- DGC meters with a low-frequency output up to 2 Hz, using the SIG-2V reed switch pulse counter;
- directly to the impulse output of the metering device (reed switch counter);
- the DGC electronic meter over a serial interface.
Basic technical specifications:
|Наименование параметра||Parameter description||Значение параметра||Значение параметра|
|1. Operating conditions: — ambient air temperature, °С — relative air humidity at 25 °С without moisture condensation, %||from -30 to + 55 to 95|
|2. Average service life, years, minimum||15||15||15|
|3. Mean-time-between-failures, hrs., minimum||17000||17000||17000|
|4. Maximum radiation power, mW, maximum||10||25||25|
|5. Carrier frequency, MHz||433,485||434,355||868,3|
|6. Mass, kg, max.||0,3||0,1||0,1|
|7. Overall dimensions (without antenna), mm, max.||130*80*35||60*90*25||60*90*25|
The SIG-2V reed switch pulse counter has been developed for in-service meters with a low-frequency output. It provides the following function:
- reading gas consumption information from the meter;
- recording attempts of using a magnet to distort readings (date, and time of start and end of magnet action);
- storing archives, and analysing small leakages;
- recording cases of tampering (e.g., disturbing device integrity), etc.
ATTENTION: when building a network for collecting data from domestic gas meters using radio modules VEGA-T, be guided by “Recommendations on installing VEGA-T radio modules”.